Sunday, June 15, 2008

A day for fathers, and a deeply missed friend

Church was unusually quiet this morning. The majority of the congregation went for the church camp, so the service was a single Traditional one instead of Contemporary. No Praise 'n' Worship, only 4 hymns were sung during the entire service instead. I don't usually enjoy hymns but today I was reminded of my Awfully Good Friend during each hymn.

You told me you could appreciate hymns because your church sang quite a few hymns during its services. Today, I got to hear some hymns in church. The music wasn't as catchy as contemporary songs, but as you said before, the lyrics were as meaningful, if not more meaningful. Somehow they reminded me of you. I wonder how you're doing over there in Canada. And of course, I miss you alot. I hope you're doing fine.


I thank God for speaking to me through Reverend Ng Seng Chuan today.
Happy Fathers' Day, Abba Father!

No comments: