Sunday, November 25, 2012

Six months and a year



I wonder who it was that caught my attention at the UID building,
I wonder whose eyes met with mine on Pulau Ubin.
I wonder whom I watched the stars with in Chiang Mai,
I wonder who rocked my world upside down ever since.

I can't remember exactly the first time when I fell in love with you,
Because to me love is not just an emotion but a commitment.
So I guess I first fell in love with you on the 25th of May,
When I asked you to be my girlfriend.

You would teach your close guy friends,
How to treat their girlfriends.
But I wanted to be the one who treats you,
The way you wanted to be treated by a boyfriend.

I wanted to be more than just another of your guy friends,
Who talks to you now and then.
I wanted to more than just admire you,
From the periphery of your life.
I wanted to be part of it,
And you to be part of mine.

God has given me my heart's desire,
And today I'm living my dream.

All my life I had dreamed of sharing my life,
With a woman who would love me for who I am.
From the moment you entered my life,
My dream has started to come true day by day.

I have never dreamt of you as my wife.
But one night when I closed my eyes,
I saw you in a wedding dress.
Too bad I couldn't see myself,
Whether or not I was the groom.

We may be uncertain about a shared future,
But we worship a God of certainty.
So let us put our trust in Him,
Who sovereignly works things out for our good.

No matter what happens to us,
I'm thankful for this privilege and honour to be your boyfriend.

This was the day,
When our eyes found each other one year ago.
We were on an offshore island,
Together with some NIE friends.

If not for the YEP trip,
I wonder if our paths would ever cross.
If I never knew you,
I wonder if I would ever go to Bukit Batok or West Mall.
If I never knew you,
I wonder if I would ever walk along NIE Block 7 or go into the MME Lab.

Thank you for the past six months and a year of love and friendship.
Will you continue to hold my hand and walk with me?

Glen A. Liang
25 November 2012



No comments: